Privacy and Cookies Policy
DaisyTrail Statement of Privacy
DaisyTrail is a trading name of Serif (Europe) Ltd ('we', 'our' or 'us') registered in England number 2117968 with registered offices at: The Software Centre, 12 Wilford Ind Est, Nottingham NG11 7EP, UK. Telephone: UK - 0845 6740484 Intl.- +44 115 9145472
Personal Data does not include information such as data, messages, text, graphics, images, photos, video, sounds, profiles, works of authorship and any other materials that have been posted on to the DaisyTrail.com web site. The use of this information is detailed in our Terms and Conditions.
Who controls the Personal Data that is collected?
All Personal Data collected is in the control of DaisyTrail. In the event that DaisyTrail, its parent company or trading names and brands were subject to a change of ownership, the control and permissions that you have granted us with regard to your Personal Data will be transferred to the new owner.
How do we collect Personal Data?
The Personal Data we collect is essential in helping us to provide an excellent overall experience for our customers when working with DaisyTrail and for helping us to continually improve that experience.
- When you become a member of our Web Site, a profile is created which will include personal details and preferences such as your desire to receive marketing communications from us.
- When you place an order with us, we will request all the personal details required to process the order including personal contact information and preferences such as your desire to receive marketing communications from us.
- Assuming you have consented to receiving marketing communications, we will use 'image tracking' to ascertain whether you do or do not read our emailed marketing messages. It is worth remembering that all our marketing messages include full information on how to unsubscribe (stop receiving) future messages.
What Is Personal Data used for?
We use Personal Data in four main ways:
- To allow log-in and full access to our Web Site in order for you to keep the personal details in your profile up to date and to personalise your Web Site experience.
- Assuming you have consented to receiving marketing communications, to notify you of new products, special offers, updated information and news.
- To enhance our order processing system with tools such order confirmation emails, product despatch notification and to make contact in the case of any difficulty.
- To generally help us improve the DaisyTrail experience for you and others.
Do we share Personal Data?
We will not share your Personal Data with third parties without having obtained your permission. We will only disclose your personal information, without your permission or notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith believe that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us.
- Protect and defend our lawful rights and property.
- Act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our customers and the public.
How can you gain access to Personal Data?
You can access your user information by accessing your profile through the log-in process of our Web Site. You can use your profile to access your orders information, keep your personal information up to date and to set what marketing communications you wish to receive.
You can request and obtain details of the Personal Data we may hold about you by writing to:
Data Protection Manager
12 Wilford Ind Est
Please quote your name and address together with your Customer ID. We would be grateful if you could also provide brief details of the information required as this will help us to accurately respond to your request.
For the protection of all our customers, we will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any Personal Data we may hold about you and we will aim to respond to such requests within 20 working days.
How secure is your Personal Data?
We recognise that people are increasingly concerned about the protection of Personal Data from misuse and abuse, and about privacy in general. We constantly review and enhance our technical, physical and managerial procedures in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of Personal Data in order to protect it from unauthorised access, accidental loss and/or destruction.
We use industry standard 128 bit secure sockets layer (SSL) technology to encrypt sensitive information such as your credit card and other financial information.
It is important for you to remember to protect yourself against unauthorised access by guarding your password. For example, if you use a shared PC, make sure you logout or close your browser whenever you leave the PC.
Do we transfer Personal Data overseas?
Do we monitor and/or record communications?
Monitoring or recording of your calls, emails, and other communications may take place in accordance with UK law, and in particular for business purposes, such as for quality control and training, and in order to prevent or detect crime. Please visit the following websites for further information:
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on to your computer via your web browser when you visit a website. Cookies are used to save certain information, such as storing the contents of your shopping basket or noting the last time you visited a website.
Cookies are only used to store data. They are not used to do anything harmful like start a process or infect your computer.
What cookies do we use?
There are number of cookies that are stored as soon as you visit our website. Some are from us and are necessary for certain functions of the website (like adding items to your basket), and others are from by third-party websites such as Facebook.
Cookies that are strictly necessary
These cookies allow you to shop online by remembering your shopping basket contents, and enable us to enhance your current and future visits with things like special upgrade pricing, personalised greetings, and location settings:
Cookies don't stay around forever and your web browser will eventually delete them. When a website stores a cookie, it states how long the cookie should stay on the computer for - this can be for the current visit only or for a period of time, for example one year. Our main cookie SessionID only stays on your computer while you are on our website. It is automatically removed when you leave our website.
You can choose to delete our, or any website's, cookies from your web browser at anytime (for help on how to do this, go to http://www.aboutcookies.org). You can also set your web browser to not accept any cookies if you wish. You will still be able to view our web site, but you will not be able to purchase products, log in to your account, or benefit from personalised features.
If you have any questions about our Privacy and Cookies Policy, please get in touch.
Last Updated: 25th May 2012