The shop is live!Posted: 29th June 2009 Category: DaisyTrail News By: joprior
Exciting news! The shop that you've all waited so patiently for is now live.
Not only are there 7 more kits in addition to the 40 you might already have, but we'll also be adding new kits over the next few weeks.
If you've already got some of the kits, why not post a review up to help everyone else who's thinking of buying them?
So what are you waiting for? Go and have a browse!! - Just click on 'Shop' from the main nav.
DSA Upgrade newsPosted: 22nd June 2009 Category: DaisyTrail News By: joprior
As I've mentioned on a number of threads now we had a free upgrade for DSA (to what we'll call version 1.5) at the end of June. Unfortunately I have some bad news as we're having to delay this by 8 weeks so we're now aiming for the end of August.
I know that seems like a long time, but you have a lot to look forward to. Here is a list of the main enhancements you will get:
1. New Digikit manager (replacing the content pack manager). This will enable you to search all your kits at once using your own keywords (like "Ribbon" for example) and be able to search by category, style or colour. You will also be able to see any items which are available as free downloads or are available to buy from DaisyTrail when you search.
2. New Digikit Creator. This will enable you to create your own kits from items you have downloaded from other sites or created yourself. This will include organising items into embellishements, backgrounds, materials, etc. You will even be able to create your own intelligent frames (so your photos will snap to fit like frames in DaisyTrail kits behave) and alphabets (so if you have an alphabet from another site you can tell DSA what letter is what so you can type in whole titles).
3. Drag objects into the tabs on the left. If you have created an item that you may want to use many times in your layout you will be able to drag it into the one of the tabs (like embellisments for example) and can then drag it back out as many times as you like.
4. Format painter. If you have formatted an object in a particular way (for example applied a shadow to it) and want another object to have exactly the same shadow, you can copy that from one object to another with just a couple of clicks.
5. Different functionality of the scissor tool. As many of you have noticed when you use the scissor tool on a material or photo that object behaves differently then it did before you cut it (the photo adjustments and other functionality doesn't work in the same way). This has now been fixed.
6. If you want to email a page to someone DSA will automatically convert it into a JPEG or PDF format before you send it.
7. We have a new quick shape of a curly edge frame which is very popular in scrapbooking.
8. You will be able to change the colour of photo brushes (for example stitches) which you couldn't do before.
9. There will be a new online tab which will give live feeds of new videos or other news from DaisyTrail.
10. You can use the graduated fills to tint photos/objects - so a photo could be tinted from blue to red for example.
I have been asked about when I'll do more videos and I have bene waiting for this latest release (as many videos will need to be redone, especially as the Digikit manager is changing so significantly). I promise when we launch this update I will have done many new videos which we'll make live at the same time.
Thanks for your continued support,
Exciting DaisyTrail shop news!Posted: 10th June 2009 Category: DaisyTrail News By: joprior
Great news - we are just finalising changes to the new DaisyTrail shop and will be beta testing in the next couple of weeks!!
Our plan is to launch the shop on Monday 29th June!
Hope you're all looking forward to it!
Congratulations Injunlady!Posted: 9th June 2009 Category: DaisyTrail News By: joprior
Congratulations to this month's Scrap Page Challenge winner: Injunlady!
Her 'When I was Young' layout received the most votes from everyone and is a worthy winner, I think you'll agree.
Injunlady has won a copy of Digikit Collection 4.