Introducing the NEW Woodland Walk digikit!Posted: 6th March Category: DaisyTrail News By: jess serif
As Siobhan’s brand new kit has been launched on the DaisyTrail shop today I thought I’d pop on to tell you all about Siobhan’s inspiration behind the new digikit; Woodland Walk.
I’ve got to say, I’ve got a little soft spot for this kit – It’s just so quintessential and beautiful and really reminds me of all those long Sunday afternoon walks that we go on with my parents dog Zak.
But late last year Siobhan came up with the idea of this kit and as soon as she mentioned bluebells and badgers we were sold and couldn’t wait to see what she came up with, the fact that she wanted to hand-paint the kit too just made it even more exciting! So let me hand you over to Siobhan to explain the inspiration behind the woodland walk digikit…
"I love going for walks in the countryside; taking in the fresh air, beautiful scenery and the treat of the occasional pheasant, bunny or fox crossing your path just makes it that extra bit special!
As a child I grew up on a farm and having the privilege of my own little woods to wander and explore was just amazing! I remember all the adventures I’d go on fondly; making den's with friends is a particularly sentimental memory! There were also stinging nettles. Lots and lots of them! (a not so fond memory!). I’d like to think you can see my passion for the outdoors and the fun I had as a kid shining through in this kit!
Designing “Woodland Walk" was lots of fun; I loved painting the woodland animals and the swoops and swirls of the natural world! I’ve had so much fun playing with it after too; check out some of the neat little projects I have created below, from jam jars of hand-crafted butterflies to artwork for my home. I think going that extra step further and creating your own decoupage diorama with all the different woodland creatures would be great too!
I really love this kit, it has a very special place in my heart and I hope you’ll find it just as special too – the most rewarding part of creating digikits for you all is seeing the creations you come up with so I’m dying to see your projects using this kit!”
I hope you like my digikit just as much as I loved designing it!
Hearts Designs - La Femme & Secrets Card TutorialPosted: 18th February Category: Create your own projects By: Amy Lovett
After their huge success on Create & Craft TV, we’re delighted to announce that the BRAND NEW Hearts Designs La Femme & Secrets digikits are now available to purchase from the DaisyTrail shop!
You can make a variety of beautifully sophisticated creations with these kits. Each kit has been hand-illustrated by the super-talented Elliott at Hearts Designs and will be sure to sparkle in your growing digikit collection!
We thought we'd give you a quick step-by-step guide on how to create one of Charlotte's samples used on the Create & Craft shows!
We hope this gives you a little inspiration on how easily you can create a stunning card or craft project with these gorgeous kits!
Here’s a step-by-step guide to create this fantastic elegant lady card:
Step 1: The CraftArtist project
- Set up a blank A3 landscape page in CraftArtist – to do this, select the page setup tab at the top of the page, and then select 'A3 – landscape' from the menu and click OK
- Select the La Femme digikit in your dgikit browser and click 'Add Digikit' followed by 'done' to add the kit to your workspace.
- Add the lady in the lilac dress onto the right of your A3 page
- Copy and paste the same embellishment onto the left of your page
- Use the ‘flip horizontal’ tool (this can be found under the ‘arrange’ tab) so that the embellishments are now facing each other. It is important that the embellishments are side-by-side as the card will need to be folded down the middle
Step 2: Layering
- Copy and paste the right embellishment onto a new A3 page so this can be printed out and added to your card later on
- Crete a rectangle using the ‘shapes’ tab – you can also change the corners by amending the radius of corners
- Type out 'Happy Birthday' using the letters within the kit, then place this over your quick shape
Step 3: Printing & cutting out
- Print both pages off and cut around the edge with a craft knife or scissors
Step 4: Finishing touches
- Glue on your extra cut-outs to the front of your card to give that 3D effect
- Finish off by adding a silver bow and diamantes to give it that extra special touch
I hope you like it and maybe now you can give it a go yourselves!